Sunday, February 26, 2006

Attractive milk cartons?

In other more relevant news: have you guys noticed a shift in style towards more text-based kinda stuff? Like, I was just at Whole Foods and holy shit, what’s that? Attractive milk cartons?? Impossible! They were so damn pretty I almost bought one... even though I hate milk.

Here’s what they looked like

Same deal with web design. It used to be all about how fancy your graphics are, but now it’s about how badass your CSS is. I love it, loooooooooooove it!

Here are some examples: 1, 2, 3.


PS: what happened to my other post?

1 comment:

Peet said...

Any thoughts on this Alison? Alison works at Bamboo, who I understand designed Schroeder's packaging.

In general, I wouldn't say that there has been a shift towards text-based design. I only see that as a key-in to modernism and a conscious choice to practice minimalism.

In Schroeder's case, I suspect it was a conscious move to create a new look for milk products, while still pushing ease of legibility.

Any one else have a thought on this?